Significant Government Grants available for our Import/Export Training…
When the UK leaves the EU, our trading relationship with the EU is likely to change and in future there will be customs procedures and processes to complete. This has been recognised by the UK government and they have set up a Customs Training Grant Scheme to assist companies with their preparations for the changes. Essentially, the scheme allows you to apply for funding for training, both classroom and in-house, that helps your employees to complete customs declarations or carry out the technical processes of customs procedures.
You only have until 31st May to apply for the scheme - so don't miss out...
How can we help?
At UK Training, we have a number of courses, both classroom and online, which are eligible under the scheme, so now is the perfect chance for you to experience our practical, market leading training at a significantly reduced cost to your business. These crucial courses will significantly develop your understanding of Import and Export procedures and help you ensure you are prepared when the UK leaves the EU.
Your 7 simple steps to receiving funding...
Find the course you want to attend. You can attend either in the classroom or in-house.
Register for an account with PwC here.
- Apply for the grant on the online portal. At this stage you will need to provide details of the training and a screenshot of the course page showing the course price.
Receive a grant offer letter - usually within 2-3 weeks
Book and pay for the training course
Submit claim form through your PwC account with proof of payment
Your funds will be paid within 30 days of your claim
Our eligible courses...
We have presentations taking place in London, Birmingham and Manchester for most of the courses - if you would be interested in other locations, please let us know.
Import Practice and Procedures | One-Day Course
Export Practice and Procedures | One-Day Course
Achieving Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) Status | One-Day Course
The Essential Guide to Incoterms | Half-Day Course
More details about the scheme…
You can apply to get funding for Training, both classroom and in-house, that helps your employees to complete customs declarations and processes.
To apply for the training grant, your business must either:
- Complete customs declarations for yourself or someone else (or intend to in the future)
- Import from, or export to the EU and complete customs declarations (or intend to complete customs declarations in the future)
What you must use the grants for?
The training must give your employees skills to:
- Complete customs declarations or or carry out the technical processes of customs procedures
- Help other businesses with import and export processes
The training does not have to lead to a formal qualification.
Amounts of funding available…
The grant will give you up to 50% of the cost of training for your employees, up to a limit of £750 for each employee on a course.
You can get up to 60% of training costs, up to a limit of £1,050 for each employee, if your business:
- Employs fewer than 250 people
- Has an annual turnover of less than €50 million
You can get up to 70% of training costs, up to a limit of £1,050 for each employee, if your business:
- Employs fewer than 50 people
- Has an annual turnover (or annual balance sheet total) of less than €10 million
What you'll need...
When you apply, you’ll be asked for your:
- Registered company name and number
- Business’s contact details
- Business’s VAT number (if this applies)
- Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR)
- Business’s most recent utility bill
You’ll also be asked for a quote for the cost of the training - this can be in the form of a screenshot of the course page showing the course price.
How to apply...
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is administering the grants for HMRC. You can apply here.